Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Two times this week I have had conversations with the girls about how to make a friend. Once with Tori and her friend who stayed over this week as we discussed the possibility of them not being in the same class next year (I don't even want to think about it). But trying to prepare them I asked if they remembered how they became friends...their answer "we just said hello". And today Isabelle made 2 new "friends" at the pool and Tori made a new "friend" as well. Tori was telling Isabelle that she doesn't make friends as easy as her and Isabelle told her two ways to make a friend...1. Find someone you think you like and go up and say your name to them--or (if that doesn't work apparently) 2. Find someone doing something you think you would like to do and do the same thing right next to them, and then apparently they will start to play with you.

So, there you have it. Say Hello, Say your name, Just Invite yourself right in and you will have a friend. Would that we all were that willing to make a new friend. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww. I love it. I was just talking to kaish about that this week too. He told me he doesn't want friends at our new pool because he has friends at our old pool. Instead of having a nice discussion like you did with your girls, I simply said, "Well, you are going to HAVE to make new friends because I certainly am NOT going to get in that freezing cold water every day all summer!" I better send him to you for a real friendship discussion : ).

Amy said...

This is so funny and cute. I don't know if you remember this at all, but my dad has ALWAYS coached me on how to meet people... He has told me to walk up to people and say "Hi, my name is Amy, what is your name?"

Anonymous said...

neat special times with your girls . . . the important things in life.

Marissa said...

Bah ha! I've totally seen Isabelle do that too! She is especially good at inviting herself in!