Sunday, May 08, 2011

Being a mom is one of the greatest gifts in my life. I enter each new Mother's Day with a bigger sense of the true privilege, honor, and huge responsibility it is to be a mom. I try to spend time, on this day especially, to thank God for the three beautiful and unique girls that God has given me to mother. And I also praise Him for my own mom and what she has meant and continues to mean to me in life.

But on this day, my heart is also reminded of the many that ache on this day. I wish I knew the whens, the whys, and the hows for each situation, but I don't. So I entrust each friend to my Heavenly Father who is intimately aware of every hurting heart and holds all things in His hand. He is the only one that I have ever known to bring beauty of ashes and I ask in faith for Him to continue His work. I pray great comfort and peace for those who have lost their moms or those moms that have lost their children. And I pray for sustained strength for those that long to be mothers, asking for the Spirit to intercede where my words fall terribly short.

Blessings to God on this day for his amazing gifts. May we never, ever take them for granted or forget from where they come.

Happy Mother's Day...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is the greatest blessing of all.

I pray for those that are hurting this mother's day also. I know there are many.