Friday, June 06, 2008

Another school year in the books for Tori. She wore green shorts, because green is Mr. Suzuki's favorite color, and she wore a shirt with Hawaii stuff on it, because his grandma lives in Hawaii and he sent everyone a postcard from there when he went there over spring break. You could say she likes her teacher a lot. ;) Yesterday was "clean out your desk day" and she came home and set up all her school stuff on her desk at home. I could not be more thankful as a parent for the great year that she had. She learned great "school stuff", but she also learned to jump rope, do hand jives and be a good friend. I think first grade is a year she will always remember. They are off to the Children's Museum today for their final field trip and then they are ordering Papa John's for lunch and their end of year party (Tori's favorite). I get to see her for a brief time until she packs up to go to a sleepover at her friend Abegail's house tonight. Family Friday night will feel a little empty this evening...where did my little girl go?

This is a picture of our family (taken by my good friend Bethany) right after we moved here to MN almost 4 years ago....Tori was 3 1/2.

6 comments:

Tara said...

You guys have been there that long??!!

gretchen said...

Yeah, crazy, huh? It will be 4 years in August, so Tori has probably been here longer than she was in PA now.

Amy said...

True or false...

THAT very pictures is still on our fridge.

TRUE! Someone (you) needs to send out an updated family picture!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful she had a good first grade. Liking school makes all the difference! I wish I had ANY picture to hang on my fridge. Blah Blah Blah. Love, Becky

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, has it been that long? I forgot what Tori looked like way back then. Kinda sad our little girls are growing up so fast...Here comes second grade for Tori and Hannah and lil Ronsi off to Kinder...
Bethany

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet. So glad she loved her first year of school and her teacher. That makes a world of difference. the old picture is adorable.