Sunday, February 15, 2009















It is one of those blessing upon blessing days for me. I mean I already have my perfect valentine in Jamie and then just like Halloween, kids bring more fun and excitement into the simple pleasures of Valentine's Day. It is amazing how a little piece of paper with a popular cartoon character on it can just make your day. Or even better a homemade paper one--complete with stickers. Or for me- a pack of Strawberry Creme Peeps from my Mom and Dad and mmmmmmmm....I am pretty happy.



Anyway, we had a great day- from our heart shaped pancake breakfast to watching Horton Hears a Who with our heart shaped sugar cookie treats at night.


And it's true...I broke tradition. We did not have heart shaped pizza last night for Valentine's Day. My in-laws sent money for a Valentine adventure so we went on a speed trip to the Como Zoo(they closed at 4...seriously!?!?!) and out to Cossettas--I didn't hear anyone complaining. ;)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it is ok that you broke tradition for an outing like that. WHY does the zoo close so early? Oh yeah, that's right, you live in below 0 temperatures and they probably don't want the animals to get frost bite : ).

You had heart cookies and heart pancakes! That has to count for something.

We had heart pizza inspired by you and we ate it in the sheets while watching a movie : ).

Full of JOY said...

I am loving all the things you did!! Especially the heart-shaped pancakes!! Yum-O!!! I was wondering about the heart shaped pizza. Sad I never went to Cosetta's!!!