Friday, January 30, 2009


Allen Iverson(for my mother-in-law who loves the Pistons, but is not an A.I.fan)


Rasheed Wallace


If you know our family at all, you know that I have jumped in hard core as an Ohio State Buckeye Football fan. We love the Buckeyes and follow them through all the emotional ups and downs that they take us on. Now Jamie also has some other teams that he has followed since childhood, none that I think he cherishes like the beloved Buckeyes, but there are others--none of which I have ever felt connected to. One of those teams is the Detroit Pistons and Wednesday night he and I went to see them play the Timberwolves. While I am not a hard core fan, I did wear my blue hooded sweatshirt, which totally matched Jamie's red hooded sweatshirt (he was LOVING that) and I did cheer quietly (so as not to be obnoxious and irritate the MN fans). I would not be that nice if it were the Buckeyes playing the Gophers....

BTW..Detroit won--Go Pistons! Thanks Nicole for the tickets!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so much cooler than me. I don't know about any of the teams Gary likes. All I know is that I love Ohio in memory of Jamie : ), I love Penn State in honor of my Daddy, and I basically have to love the Eagles, Phillies, and Sixers since I work in their city.